About Me

My photo
I am a people person. I love to chat with people and learn all about them. Furthermore, I love to find out how things work and I love to put people and things in touch to make them work thus why I like teaching and designing. But most of all, I am a family person.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Healthy Dinner Ideas

Anyone with quick, healthy dinner ideas feel free to post here . I need some this week so I can get down to business and do some designing/crafting. Please leave comments.

3 comments:

  1. Easy-peasy Pasta and Red Clam sauce-i am talking easy and yummy and quick: Pasta of your choice, 1tbls.olive oil in pan, pinch of garlic salt and any Italian spice you like. Add 1 can tomatoe sauce and 1 small can white clam sauce(Progresso is good) heat on low-pour over pasta-OMG-delicious and then your salad or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your tip Anonymous.
    This sounds easy and pretty healthy. I will try to make it next week and let you know how it comes out. Did the grocery shopping for this week already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try this easy pasta dinner. Mince 2-3 cloves garlic, stir in a teaspoon of water. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in saute pan on med-low. Add garlic/water mix. Saute on low for 10 minutes. Meanwhile cook whole wheat pasta of choice. Drain pasta reserving 1/2 cup water. Add pasta to garlic, add package of mixed frozen veggies of choice (thaw in microwave before adding) such as broccoli and carrots. Add a package of precooked chicken, stir and cook until heated through. Add reserved pasta water if needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with grated parmigiano reggiano, tossed salad and crusty bread.
    You can mix any combination of pasta, meat/fish/poultry and veggies. Try with shrimp, or cooked salmon and peas. Great way to use leftovers.
    Love ya,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete