About Me

My photo
I am a people person. I love to chat with people and learn all about them. Furthermore, I love to find out how things work and I love to put people and things in touch to make them work thus why I like teaching and designing. But most of all, I am a family person.

Friday, September 11, 2009

After Hours

Well here I am up late blogging after hours. The reason I decided to call my blog After Hours is because I am a night owl who stays up crafting into the wee hours of the night. Husband hates this. I have discovered many of my customers do the same. There is a whole underworld of late night crafters. Are you one of them? Comment and tell me why. I enjoy it because it is usually nice and quiet and my creative juices can flow freely. Moreover, I need to chill out after running around with the kids all day. Why do you enjoy it?

I also call this blog After Hours because I bead and create on my day off. I go exploring with my best friend, Jane. Today we decided to check out a new knit shop. She wanted to get back into knitting and make holiday gifts. So off we went and found this lovely shop that seems like something you'd find up north. Not only did it have lovely yarn but it was decorated like a country inn and so welcoming and cozy that you just wanted to stay there all day chatting and sharing crafting tips. Although I don't really knit well at all it felt so relaxing there. It was decorated with little bird houses, and lovely flowers and pots. The funny thing is that outside it was 90 degrees and sticky but while my friend was looking around I did find three different people there that I know but don't see often to chat with. Some were knitters but beaders, too. We got to catching up on kids, jobs and family. It seems crafters crossover into many different hobbies. I live in a big city but in this little crafting part of the world it suddenly was just a little town. So it was a good afternoon.

P.S. Furthermore went to the local screen/door shop where I was told to talk to Ed. Talked to this big cuddly teddy bear type guy, Ed, who just gave me rubber tubing at no charge. What a sweetheart. So it was an even better afternoon. Can't wait to "create After Hours".

2 comments:

  1. Had a great day with you. Amazing how small the world really is and how crafters cross over many fields in their interests. I'm excited about knitting again and revisiting The Knitting Garden. Thanks for sharing part of your day with me.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing after everyone has gone to bed. My family calls me the vampire!! Thanks so much for visiting today & let me know how your party with then "lucy" theme goes! :) chris

    ReplyDelete